[registrars] Verisign batch pool advisory

Monte Cahn monte at moniker.com
Wed Oct 6 19:48:03 UTC 2004

Folks,

This is really a waste of time.  The registry wants to be judge and jury on
who are legitimate registrars and who are out just for drop.  That is why
they are creating a ratio model that is so ridiculous.  They want to police
us and determine who is good folk and who is not by using their own rules.
That is why they came up with the two choices...both 100% in their favor.

ICANN also did not help when they approved 500 registrars and threw them
down VeriSign's throat to OTE and all hook up to what was supposed to be a
temporary solution to a problem discovered in the guarantee pool in 2001 -
the batch pool.  Now VeriSign is on a mission to show ICANN something in my
opinion.  Elimination of 200-300 accreditations which puts ICANN's budget in
question again, and between all of us who run actual businesses - we will be
the ones stuck with the bill at the end of the day.

This situation is going to weed everyone out regardless of the outcome
folks!  In my opinion, the only way to address this is head on with VeriSign
and put up a fight.  We pay their bills at the domain registry level.  They
should be enabling registrations not put hurdles in place to limit us.  We
were in a free market until recently, now we are in a zoo stuck in cages.

It's time to break free again and share space with each other.

Monte Cahn
Founder/CEO

Monte at Moniker.com
Monte at DomainSystems.com

O - 954-984-8445
F - 954-969-9155

Moniker.com - ICANN Accredited Corporate Domain Management Services
DomainSystems.com - Domain Sales & After-market Services
CoolHandle.com - World Class Hosting and Email Solutions