[registrars] ICANN RRA change from Sep 21

Jim Archer jarcher at registrationtek.com
Mon Oct 11 22:01:22 UTC 2004

Hi All...

I have been reviewing in detail the change sent out by Kurt on Sep 21.  If
I read it correctly (and it's not extremely clear) the effect would seem to
be that this  change prevents registrars from not deleting domains after
their grace period.

In the past, there was some ambiguity in the term "cancel the
registration."  For example, I recall that NSI sometimes interpreted this
to mean that they need not actually delete it.

It seems to me that ICANN is now trying to prevent this, and force domains
to be deleted.  Still, I wonder if the new language will accomplish that
goal?  What does everyone else think?

Jim