[registrars] FW: Registrars - gTLD Registries Constituencies - Items for Discussion?

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Tue Oct 12 20:05:45 UTC 2004

Not implementing the <host:chg> opperation would make PIR non-compliant
with RFC 3732. Per ICANN Agreements the registry MUST implement ALL
protocol elements of the RFC specified with "MUST"

If PIR decides not to implement <host:chg> they they don't implement
epp-1.0 and per their contracts thay are required to implement the
protocol which includes the <host:chg> element.

Sounds like PIR would need a letter from ICANN that states why they don't
comply with the protocol.

-rick