[registrars] FW: Registrars - gTLD Registries Constituencies - Items for Discussion?

Mike Lampson lampson at iaregistry.com
Tue Oct 12 20:22:00 UTC 2004

I haven't read all of the specs top-to-bottom, but in general the EPP specs
are very careful to provide an implementation that is agnostic to the
business policies of the Registry.  As long as PIR supports the syntax of
the EPP message, I believe that it is within their rights to return an error
code instead of a success code if their business policies disallow this data
transformation.  For example, PIR may choose to return error code 2306,
Parameter value policy error, in this case.

_Mike