[registrars] knowing when to fold 'em

Thomas Barrett - EnCirca tbarrett at encirca.biz
Thu Oct 14 19:07:49 UTC 2004

 Rick,

I assume all one needs to do is to stop using the batch pool by November 1.
Or, is it before the last month of the quarter?

What is missing from the new fees is how ICANN determines if a registrar is
participating in the batch pool.

I Assume that they have asked EACH of the gtld registries for a monthly
report detailing the number of transactions by registrar.  I Also assume
that the gtld registries will make this report available to EACH registrar
for review at the same time.

Without the registries making these reports available to the registrars, any
invoiced fee from ICANN could not be substantiated.

We need to know from each of the registries if these reports will be monthly
or quarterly and, if quarterly, if it measures the entire quarter or just
the last month of the quarter.

Best,

Tom