[registrars] knowing when to fold 'em

Mike Lampson lampson at iaregistry.com
Thu Oct 14 20:06:17 UTC 2004

From: Thomas Barrett - EnCirca
> I assume all one needs to do is to stop using the batch pool by November
1.

That is not all.  You must also send in a letter *each quarter* certifying
that you qualify for forgiveness based on the 2 criteria that Rick has
listed (see below).  If you forget to send in the letter, no forgiveness
that quarter.

I'm not sure if an e-mail notification to ICANN counts.  We're not taking
chances however and, for tracking purposes, are sending in our certification
by Registered Mail.

I too am unsure if ICANN will ask for a report from each Registry or only
from VeriSign.  My guess is that they will initially invoice us based on our
certification letters (or lack thereof) and check with the Registries after
the fact to verify that we are being truthful.

_Mike