[registrars] knowing when to fold 'em

Elmar Knipp Elmar.Knipp at corenic.org
Sat Oct 16 16:03:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Paul Goldstone wrote:

> That's true, Go Daddy is getting close too - good for you!  Wow. :)  I
> didn't think it was anyone's idea but ICANN's.  However, I don't agree
> with it because after a registrar reaches $2MM, the remaining registrars
> will pay for their portion of ICANN expenses.

Hi Paul,

I also was puzzled to read this section about the cap in the latest
version of the budget. I can only assume that this is a kind of
"forgiveness" for large registrars?!

Bhavin, can you please clarify this issue? With no background knowledge I
am against this $2MM cap. But perhaps there are arguments, which will
change my opinion.

Best regards,
Elmar