[registrars] knowing when to fold 'em

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at logicboxes.com
Mon Oct 18 19:36:49 UTC 2004

i believe the $2mn cap is a remnant from the NSI contract - as rob pointed
out. Since NSI has a fee cap at 2 million it has to be equitably offered to
any other registrar too.

The 2 mill cap is an old contractual clause. As tim mentioned - it is not
upon the suggestion of any specific registrar that this cap has been put.
While I too partly think it is a lil unfair, I do believe it would be
monumentally difficult to get that changed, and it may not have a
significant impact upon the registrar community.

and on the positive side - it is a CAP. That in effect to a certain extent
keeps a check on the total size of the icann budget. At this point in time
we have to live with that much of a consolation :)

bhavin