[registrars] Continued domain adds and deletes

Jay Westerdal jwesterdal at nameintel.com
Tue Oct 26 20:07:49 UTC 2004

Abuse stopped on the 18th. But then on the 24th they started again using a
different set of name servers to try and hide the situation. Another 20K
registrations in one day. They could be be doing more but I only poked my
head inside the data for about 2 minutes.

I am not sure ICANN or Verisign will do be able to do anything about this.
There is no teeth in the contract in enforce any type of abuse like this.
The Registrars would need to pass a motion and have the board institute it.

Jay Westerdal
Name Intelligence, Inc.
http://www.nameintelligence.com