[registrars] Continued domain adds and deletes

dwascheriar dwascher at iaregistry.com
Thu Oct 28 12:32:26 UTC 2004

There is teeth in the contract with Verisign to shut this down. We were!
What seems to be going on is the something that we were asked to do in
registering several thousand domains which are then put into DNS and tested
for hits. Domains that receive some percentage of hits are kept and the rest
are deleted before the 120 hours for credit.

Verisign did send out a "C/D" order identifying 2 issues. The first was the
in the R&R 3.2 (ii) even after we slowed the process down it was still
considered "Unreasonable". The other was taking advantage of the 120 grace
period. The mass deletes was causing there internal audit processes to slow
down.

So if Verisign wants to they can shutdown the connection using the section
3.2.

David Wascher
The Registry at Info Avenue