[registrars] Questions for Chair Candidates

Jordyn A. Buchanan jbuchanan at register.com
Tue Sep 21 03:23:43 UTC 2004

Hi Rob:

As you know, I am replacing Elana as the Director of Policy at
Register.com.  I believe that my conversations with her prior to her
departure have given me a good sense of the significant time required
in order to serve as the Chair of the constituency.  Before accepting
the nomination for Chair, I made appropriate adjustments to my work
responsibilities to ensure that I would be capable of making the
necessary commitment of time and energy to the constituency.

> 1.  How much time can you dedicate to being the Chair of the
> constituency ?

Register.com is very committed to making my time available to serve the
constituency.  Since Elana was serving as Chair during her employment
at Register.com, we understand that there is a significant time
obligation involved with the role, and historically the company has
been willing to dedicate whatever time it takes in order to serve the
constituency.  In practical terms, this means that there may be times
(particularly around major ICANN events) where essentially my full time
job is as constituency Chair.

> 2.  How many ICANN meetings have you travelled to in the past ?

With the exception of the Rio meeting in 2003, I attended all ICANN
meetings between the LA meeting in 2000 and the Carthage meeting in
2003.  Because Elana filled the Director of Policy role for
Register.com until recently, I did not attend the ICANN meetings so far
in 2004; however, I anticipate that I will be at Cape Town and all
future ICANN meetings.

> 3.  Are you able to travel to all of the future ICANN meetings ?

Yes.  I expect to be at all future ICANN meetings, and as Chair I would
also expect to occasionally travel to other functions when required to
represent the constituency (or to other constituency meetings separate
from general ICANN meetings).  Fortunately, my employer has a proven
history of making the time and funding available to allow me to be
quite certain of my ability to continue to attend constituency
functions.

Jordyn