[registrars] Questions for Chair Candidates

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Tue Sep 21 06:15:40 UTC 2004

Hi Rob,

> 1.  How much time can you dedicate to being the Chair of the
> constituency ?

This is a very interesting question. The reason this question is interesting
is this question was the only one that required thinking with regards to my
accepting the nomination for this post. I have as you are all aware spent a
large number of hours working towards various issues that affect the
community. I welcome this opportunity to now do so in an official capacity
and therefore before I accepted I wanted to make sure that I can give
justice to this post if elected

Jordynn had the good fortune to obtain insight about the time commitments
for this post from Elana in person. I have, in order to come to a
conclusion, spoken to Elana via phone, and to others who are currently in
the ex-com as well as others who have served in the ex-com in the past in
various capacities. I spent 3 days simply determining the responsibilities
that this task brings in.

In the end I realised that the amount of time I would be required to spend
both during normal times as well as peak times (before ICANN meetings) is
not much more than I already spend in relation to Registrar issues. I
believe several hours a week are sufficient to carry out the role envisioned
(with higher pressures during meeting times) and I have the ability to
dedicate those hours without any issues

> 2.  How many ICANN meetings have you travelled to in the past ?

All meetings in 2004 (will be at Cape Town too). In the past before that I
have travelled to every alternate meeting. My decision of attending a
meeting was entirely based on whether it is required for me and my company
to do so, and not based on funds availability or time issues.

> 3.  Are you able to travel to all of the future ICANN meetings ?

YES indeed I am able to travel to all future ICANN meetings. I do not
understand the exact question here and therefore I will answer by stating
that - I have the funds, the inclination and the time (especially since
there is prevalent braodband connectivity at all meetings ;) ) to attend all
meetings.

- Bhavin