[registrars] Motion to amend voting procedures.

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine brunner at nic-naa.net
Thu Sep 23 10:49:04 UTC 2004

Tim,

> This motion does not break the current election of a new Chair.

What makes this election unusual is that the rules under which it has
been conducted have varied during the ballot period, and the oddity of
an ExCom member who is conducting the ballot engage in advocacy on the
process of balloting.

So, how do you know, and how does Bob know, that the election hasn't
been broken? By recourse to your private intuition? By a bit of text
in the ByLaws or Rules that say that the process of a ballot may be
altered arbitrarily during the ballot? By the positive expression of
a preponderence of the membership?

Let me know. I'd appreciate the ByLaws or Rules cite that makes the
ballot process so amazingly flexible.

Eric