[registrars] Focussing on the real issues

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Fri Sep 24 14:41:25 UTC 2004

Bhavin,

Resolving the ballot issue was important in order to reduce the likelihood
that the results would be called into question later, as has happened
before.

And I disagree with a lot of your analysis. A number of registrars work hard
at the *important* issues, especially given the time they also need to spend
running their businesses. I don't think you're giving enough credit to them
for that. We are not always going to agree on what the *important* issues
are. That is certainly going to vary given the range of business models.
Hopefully the new Chair will take that into consideration.

Regarding the budget, it was unfortunate that some attempted to turn it into
a small registrar versus large registrar issue. I also hope the new Chair
will be able to be *non-partisan* in that regard or nothing of any substance
will ever be accomplished.

I'd also be interested in hearing what concessions your group was able to
get from ICANN regarding the budget.

Thanks,
Tim