[registrars] Shameless Charitable Solicitation

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Aug 4 21:27:12 UTC 2005

My apologies in advance to our esteemed chairman. Please forgive the
intrusion. I am going to ask you to make a charitable
donation in this email - please delete this message right now if I've
overstepped my bounds, or read on if I've piqued your interest ;)

In just 7 days, I will be undertaking a four day cycling journey of over
850km (520+ miles) in support of the Cancer Camps for Children charity
(http://www.tourforkids.com). This charity raises funds for 3
extraordinary camp organizations that help children with cancer, and
their families, build confidence, courage and friendships by making it
possible for them to attend summer camp.

I'm sending this message to request your assistance. There are two ways
you can help. As an individual, I'd like you to make a $30 donation. If
everyone that I'm sending this message to does so, we will have raised
over $10,000, a truly remarkable contribution that will make a
meaningful difference in the quality of life experienced by many children.

You can make a personal donation online by following one of these two
secured links:

Credit Card donations:
https://www.tourforkids.com/registration/sponsor_rider_form.asp?fkSponsoringTo=1037

Paypal donations: http://www.byte.org/ (click on the "Donate" link
located on the left side of the page).

Second, I'm soliciting corporate sponsors for our riding team. We are
auctioning off full team sponsorship to raise further funds for the
charity. Not only will we name the team after your company, we will also
sport your logo on our backs for the entire journey. So far, bidding has
reached $2000US. Bid increments are $250. If you wish to make a
corporate sponsorship bid, please send me your bid amount and company
name via email no later than 24:00GMT August 7, 2005. The highest bidder
at that time will be named the sponsoring corporate donor.

Note: If you wish to make a donation via check, you may send it to

Ross Rader
c/o Tour for Kids
96 Mowat
Toronto, Ontario
M6K 3M1

Checks must be made payable to "Tour For Kids" and received no later
than August 15, 2005.

Finally, all donations in excess of $20 will receive a receipt for tax
purposes.

Thank you sincerely for your time and consideration. Keep an eye on my
weblog at http://www.byte.org for news and information about my trek.

- --
Warm regards,

                       -rwr

"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent,
tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a
father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of
you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity."
	 - Francis Maitland Balfour

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org