[registrars] Registry Communication standardization

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Tue Sep 27 17:35:37 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Based on our joint meeting in Luxembourg, Registries are starting to work on
some of the concern areas that we highlighted to them in our meeting. Ray
Fassett is steering the liaison with our group. The first task at hand is
standardization of the classification of auto generated communication from
Registries.

What we need to provide Ray is a possible set of classifications of auto
generated emails from the Registry.

For instance currently we recv a deluge of emails from the Registry. There
is no standardization as to where these emails are sent. Currently for
instance more than one registry sends the transfer notifications and the low
balance notifications to the same email address, as a result of which my
accounts team has to swim through hundreds of emails to find a low balance
notification mail.

Currently I feel the buckets should be as follows -

* Transfer notification mails
* Low Balance Notifications
* Maintenance updates

Each registrar should be able to specify separate email addresses for
receving the above.

If any of you have any other buckets or further classification/comments to
make please send them to the list and to Ray (copied on this email), so he
may compile our feedback and take it ahead

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Directi