[registrars] Registrar Statement

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Tue Apr 18 01:29:29 UTC 2006

Registrars:

Pursuant to our discussion in Wellington, I'd like to propose the
following motion to the Registrar Constituency related to the GNSO task
force on contract issues for existing gTLD registries.

Thanks.

Jon

Whereas, the GNSO has established a task force related to Policies for
Contractual Conditions, Existing gTLDs - Policy Development Process
(PDP) Feb06 (the "Task Force");

Whereas, the Task Force has solicited comments from the GNSO
constituencies, including the Registrar Constituency ("RC");

Whereas, the RC has considered the Terms of Reference of the PDP at its
meeting in Wellington, New Zealand and thereafter; and

Whereas, the RC representatives on the Task Force have distributed the
attached draft constituency statement for public comment; and

Whereas, the constituency statement has received widespread support from
RC members;

Therefore, be it is resolved that the Registrar Constituency adopts the
attached document labeled (PDP Feb06 Registrar Statement-4 17.pdf) as
its official position and instructs its representatives on the Task
Force to advocate these positions to the best of their ability during
the course of their work on the Task Force.