FW: [registrars] ICANN Morocco security concerns, relayed from Adrian Kinderis.

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Thu Apr 27 19:04:32 UTC 2006

At 09:20 AM 4/27/06, Larry Erlich wrote:
>ICANN should consider charging for meetings. To say "meetings are
>free to attend for all"

Dear Larry:  You can't believe how free it is;-)

At the first reception in Wellington on Sunday, 26 March, I met a
participant who knew nothing about ICANN.  He'd met one of the participants
at Church that morning, was told it was open to all, came and registered --
and received the excellent gifts that come with registration.  I'll only
mention two of the nice gifts, 1. excellent computer case, nicest eve
given, from .ORG and 2. beautiful and handy portfolio, zippered, from Verisign.

I saw the same guy at every reception and the Gala. I don't think this kind
of participation is what "At Large" was intended to foster.

Regards, BobC