[registrars] Stepping down from the Constituency Chair nomination

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Thu Apr 27 06:49:18 UTC 2006

Thank you Marcus and Richard for nominating me,

I have given this some thought, and had some discussions with Jon. I had
taken up the position of Chair after significant deliberation 2 years ago.
While I had a fairly optimistic view of the changes I wanted to bring about
when I initially took this position :) .... I must say we have come a long
way in terms of structuring meetings, our website, our processes within the
ICANN framework, our initiatives. I am very happy with the level of effort,
time and energy that the entire ex-com (Tim, Bob, John/Donna and myself) put
in over the last two years.

After some thought, and given certain time commitments this time round, I
believe, Jon Nevett would be in a better position, to take this torch
forward. I have always appreciated his efforts and his level of involvement,
and I cannot think of a better person who would suit this position going
forward. Given his nomination, I am stepping down from the same. This time
around, let me once again get back to the sidelines and rant / rave from the
aisles :)

My sincerest thanks to EVERY member of this constituency for putting their
faith in me for the last two terms and supporting me and the ex-comm in
various ways.

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Directi
-------------------------
http://www.directi.com
http://www.logicboxes.com
Tel: +91-22-56797600
Fax: +91-22-56797510
Board (US): +1 (415) 240 4171 ext 7600
Fax (US): +1 (320) 210 5146

IMPORTANT Confidentiality note: This e-mail may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient
and, thus may not be retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the
prior written consent of Directi. If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or reply e-mail
and destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.