[registrars] Stepping down from the Constituency Chair nomination

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Apr 28 12:59:04 UTC 2006

As an FYI, there are no geographic diversity requirements for the
members of the executive committee.

Tim Ruiz wrote:
> Bob, it's not often that I disagree with your wise counsel. But on this
> matter I think it is best to move forward with our current slate of
> candidates.
>
> I understand your concerns about geographic diversity. However, I think
> the geographic diversity of the members in combination with the same
> among our GNSO Councilors is just as important, and we have that. The
> ExCom facilitates, monitors, reports, liaisons, and manages
> constituency business and postions on policy matters. But it's the
> members who must come to consensus, and it's our GNSO Councilors who we
> entrust with being champions of those positions. And in turn, I am
> confident that our GNSO Councilors will continue to be valuable
> advisors to the ExCom.
>
> Let's move forward with this election, and make it a priority to
> encourage a more geographically diverse participation on the ExCom next
> year.
>

> Tim

                        -rr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
                         - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Contact Info:

Ross Rader
Director, Research & Innovation