[registrars] Extension of the nomination period until 1st May

Jeffrey Eckhaus jeckhaus at register.com
Fri Apr 28 15:56:18 UTC 2006

I will second Jay for Secretary

Jeff
________________________________

From: owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org
[mailto:owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Bhavin Turakhia
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 11:46 AM
To: 'Registrars Constituency'
Subject: [registrars] Extension of the nomination period until 1st May

hi all,

I never knew that my stepping down would result in so much discussion
:). The period of nomination and acceptance stands extended until the
1st of May. I must clarify the following -

* The reason I am extending the time period is not because I believe
there is an issue of geographic diversity within the excom. I too
believe that the issue of geographic diversity will not end up making a
dramatic difference to the excomm functions. None of the decisions that
I took in my last two years were based upon the fact that I am from
India. Additionally we have council members on the mailing list from
Canada, Australia and Germany. In most cases all issues discussed in the
ex-comm are open to the council members and there input has always been
welcomed and respected. Therefore the absence of geographic diversity in
the ex-comm will not any significant negative impact to my mind. Infact
the currently nominated candidates represent a diverstiy in the size of
the Registrar which to my mind is more important than geographic
diversity

* I was intending to extend the nomination period as such, irrespective
of the email exchange, to allow for candidates to accept their
nominations and be seconded. Therefore this extension is NOT a result of
the email exchange on the list

* Some folks have suggested that I extend the nomination period only for
the post of the secretary. However I am not comfortable doing an
extension for a single post. Therefore the nomination period as a whole
stands extended until 1st May

* Over and above this I would like to nominate "Jay Westerdal" to the
position of Secretary, and I hope someone seconds the same, incase John
Berryhill remains silent until 1st May. Infact Jay has to my mind been
one of the more active participants in the Constituency, and I would
love for him to participate in the excomm (as long as he is interested).

Thanks
Bhavin