[registrars] FW: Registrar Failover Working Group Invitation

Paul Stahura stahura at enom.com
Tue Mar 21 03:54:50 UTC 2006

Count me in this WG too.

Thanks

Paul

________________________________

From: owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org
[mailto:owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Nevett, Jonathon
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:20 AM
To: Ross Rader; Bhavin Turakhia
Cc: registrars at gnso.icann.org
Subject: Re: [registrars] FW: Registrar Failover Working Group
Invitation

I'll participate as well. Thanks. Jon

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Ross Rader [mailto:ross at tucows.com]
Sent:   Sat Mar 18 09:23:43 2006
To:     Bhavin Turakhia
Cc:     registrars at gnso.icann.org
Invitation

Before we commit to sending representatives, we should inquire regarding
who else will be on this "working group". This is purely a registrar
matter and not a policy development exercise. Participation in the
exercise should be limited as closely as possible to ICANN technical and
operational staff and members of the registrar community.

In parallel, we should also discuss, prior to meeting with this working
group, the appropriateness and scope of these provisions. In reading
them again, I'm struck by how exceptionally vague and one-sided they
are. I would not agree to these terms in a normal commercial agreement.

I would also like to participate in this effort.

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have recvd the below email from ICANN. This is an important item since
it
> results in a compliance cost for registrars, and at the same time the
> provision ensures stability. Any volunteers from the constituency for
this
> task force?
>
> bhavin

Accreditation