[registrars] [Fwd: Groups - boardrm - Ballot "GNSO task force on contract issues for existing gTLD registries." has closed]

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu May 4 20:26:07 UTC 2006

Due to strong voter apathy, this motion has failed.

Therefore, the constituency has no position to advocate in the task
force. I would have thought that a highly important issue like this one
would receive a modicum of attention from the membership of this
constituency.

This is highly embarassing.

We have no choice but to re-run this ballot.

Therefore, per the Rules of Procedure, I.14, I would like to request
that the ExComm immediately undertake their own vote to allow a revote
of this motion to proceed.

14.	Notwithstanding Sections 12 and 13 above, if in any vote fewer than
the larger of (a) 10% of those Members registered to vote or (b) 15
Members registered to vote actually vote (which total shall include
votes cast for and against the motion, and any abstentions), such vote
will be deemed defeated.  In such cases, upon a majority vote of the
Constituency Executive Committee, a revote on the same ballot shall take
place

I believe it was the intention of this clause to allow an immediate
revote to take place (without the comment, review and discussion
period). This would allow us to have an updated vote completed by this
time next week if taken care of quickly.

Without the formality of this vote, your representatives to this
important task force are not able to advocate the registration position
on registry contracts.

-r