[registrars] [Fwd: Groups - boardrm - Ballot "GNSO task force on contract issues for existing gTLD registries." has closed]

Marcus Faure faure at globvill.de
Fri May 5 15:18:31 UTC 2006

> At 07:24 AM 5/5/2006, Marcus Faure wrote:
> >in line with rerunning the pdp vote, I request that the CORE amendment
> >request vote shall be rerun.
> >However, I am not sure how that can be accomplished.
>
> Dear Marcus:  In my opinion, it was already summarily defeated.
>
> While I was able to restart the other ballot, it is not possible to
> make changes in the content of a ballot once I approve it.  It is not
> even possiuile to edit it prior to opening.  That is why I did not
> think I could restart the other ballot.

Hello Bob,

I disagree. The sense of the quorum is to ensure that what we see as a
result is indeed the opinion of the constituency. Why else would we
rerun the first ballot? If you say the second ballot was defeated, you
also say that the first was successfull.
By the way, who decided to rerun the one ballot and not the other?

Yours,
Marcus