[registrars] Please Respond: Expiry and Create dates in OPoC

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Oct 27 00:06:30 UTC 2006

Hello Tim,

> 2. Include a recommendation that Registries be required to
> not advance the expiration date until the end of the
> Auto-Renew Grace Period unless the Registrar explicitly
> renews the domain name.

I am OK with that recommendation.

I would also prefer some mechanisms to prevent data mining such
information at the registry.

(a) Registry Web based WHOIS requiring the entry of some human readable
text to get that information

(b) Port-43 WHOIS only providing such data to authenticated parties (ie
you can have two WHOIS addresses - one for anonymous access that doesn't
provide such dates, and one for access by a party that signs the
equivalent of a zonefile access agreement).

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin