[registrars] Please Respond: Expiry and Create dates in OPoC

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Oct 27 00:22:26 UTC 2006

Bruce Tonkin wrote:

> (b) Port-43 WHOIS only providing such data to authenticated parties (ie
> you can have two WHOIS addresses - one for anonymous access that doesn't
> provide such dates, and one for access by a party that signs the
> equivalent of a zonefile access agreement).

it might be worthwhile looking at encryption options instead of setting
up different services - this is just an implementation detail, but I
think encryption might scale better. In any event, I am receptive to the
submission made - it might make for a fair middle ground, especially if
there is an auth layer that lives above registrant auth that allows
registrars to tell if the request they are seeing has been signed by a
registrar or some other third party.

-ross