[registrars] Dues Structure

Paul Goldstone paulg at domainit.com
Wed Aug 1 05:53:35 UTC 2007

Jon,

Thanks for the positive response.

It's good to hear that the membership has grown in the past year and I hope some of the proposed updates are able to keep that trend going.

The website you described sounds great.  I think it should also include an explanation of what the RC is, what it does, and how it fits in with other groups.  It should also include a glossary of industry terms and acronyms that are commonly used during RC discussions.  These items may all seem obvious to a seasoned registrar, but I believe they would help new members feel more comfortable with understanding the role of the RC and joining in on discussions.

Finally, based on your suggested update to Bob's proposal, for the officers to vote on reduced fees based on extenuating circumstances, and for those reductions to be kept confidential by those same parties, I am inclined to agree.  However, I don't think the budget amendment should specifically refer to reduced fees of $250.  Instead, it could be amended to state "as low as $250", so that if the member can afford say $500, that too could be accepted.  Just a suggestion.

Regards,
~Paul