[registrars] Nominations for delegates to GNSO now closed.

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Sat Aug 4 14:55:30 UTC 2007

Dear Members:

Nominations are now closed.  Two members have been nominated for our delegates to the GNSO, Tim Ruiz and Adrian Kinderis.

Each nominee has accepted his nonination, nomination has been seconded and nominee has submitted his conflict of interest statement.  In summary, nominations are both in order.

Tim Ruiz is a citizen of the United States in the ICANN North America region.

Adrian Kinderis is a citizen of Australia in the ICANN Asia Pacific region.

There was some discussion on the Excom list as to having one ballot with members submitting two votes.
However, since we have candidates from only two ICANN regions, there will be two ballots, one for the North America delegate and one for the Asia Pacific region delegate.

The Secretary will publish the ballots for these two offices for inspection and correction on 11 August.  The Rules of Procedure do not make any consideration for write in votes.  Each ballot will have the name of the candidate and an opportunity to abstain.  Each candidate must receive at least 50% of the affirmative votes.

The ballot will be opened on 13 August and closed on 23 August.

A special note to voting members:  Make sure that your voting Email address is in order.   To have your vote counted you must follow these protocols:

1. You are able to receive the email at that Email address, no anti-spam for the ballot to hurdle.
2. You must return your marked ballot from your voting Email address, not some alternate Email address.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Connelly
Secretary of Registrar Constituency

P.S. Please forgive me for posting this Email to both the Voting Members list and to the general RC list.  The Rules of Procedure specify the RC list, but I want to be sure that all voting members receive at least one copy.