[registrars] * Formal discussion period on the Budget is now closed.

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Sun Aug 5 13:16:24 UTC 2007

I don't think it's an open question anymore.  As Bob notes, there were
no amendments that received the required endorsements.

With that said, we have had a great deal of helpful discussion and as
Bob also noted, that the ExCom has an opportunity to send out a revised
budget in the next few days that will incorporate some of the comments
received to date.  I'd like to see the following clarified/spelled out
in the budget that we put to a vote:

*       Without creating legal liability for us, those who need to see
applications for fee reductions will keep them confidential;

*       fee reductions will be granted only in limited circumstances and
will be reviewed based on a number of criteria, including size of
registrar, size of corporate affiliates, geographic location, and
whether the registrar is a new member;

*       fees may be reduced to no lower than $250, but don't have to be
as low as $250; and

*       there should be fee pro-ration for new members.

Thanks.

Jon