[registrars] Grave Robbing and SEDO Fencing

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Aug 7 13:54:50 UTC 2007

Lau wrote:

> Am I wrong? (Please, someone, tell me that I am).

The subtlety that tends to get missed is that the transfer policy hinges
on whether or not the registrant, or the admin at the behest of the
registrant, approved the transfer of registrar. I am not sure why this
has been interpreted as "if the admin approved it, it must be good", but
this has been the case since the policy was implemented. If the
registrant hasn't agreed to it, even if the admin has, it is technically
a bad transfer.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.