[registrars] FW: museum agreement

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Fri Aug 17 17:35:17 UTC 2007

Registrars:

I just received the following e-mail from Kurt Pritz about the pending
.museum registry agreement.  Based on various registrar comments last
month, ICANN and the .museum registry have agreed to reduce the number
of names at issue to 4,000 and to reduce the scope of what the registry
could do with them.  From my perspective, the provision is far from
ideal, but sufficiently unique to characteristics of the .museum
registry that it would be difficult to use as a precedent for other
registries.

Thanks.

Jon