[registrars] Request for Information on Domain Tasting

Jeffrey Eckhaus jeckhaus at register.com
Wed Aug 22 17:41:02 UTC 2007

All,

I understand this has been sent previously to the constituency, but feel
the need to resend due to the importance of the issue.

This Issues Report and topic affects all of our business models
regardless if you taste domains or not. Some of the questions on the
survey:

Should ICANN impose a minimum registration fee on domain registrations?

Do you believe that domain tasting impacts the security and stability of
the Internet?

Some of the proposed solutions are the complete elimination of the 5 day
Grace Period.

These are issues that we as Registrars should help decide and your input
is needed.

The link below takes you directly to the ICANN website and the location
for the BigPulse survey

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-10aug07.htm

Thank you for your patience,

Jeff