[registrars] tracking spammers

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Tue Jan 23 18:15:44 UTC 2007

Registrars:

Its 2007 and SPAM/UCE continues to plague the Internet at large. I am
offering other Registrars the capability to understand which of their
registrants are abusing net network. Often these same users defraud
registrars and cause other resource issues within other registrars or
hosting providers.

I can produce daily reports of spamvertized domains registered at your
registrar. Often these domains are used in Phishing or in the
monetization of SPAM and UCE.

If you would like a report of domains registered by your registrar drop
me a note and I'll produce reports for your abuse department.

Currently we are tracking around 39,000 domains for the past week
involving some 211 registrars.

Currently there is no charge for this service and it is offered to
assist registrars in their efforts to end abuse of the DNS system.

best,

-rick