[registrars] Motion to accept the proposed budget for FY 2007-2008.

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Sat Jul 14 17:57:16 UTC 2007

Dear Registrars Constituency Members:

In case you missed it, Jon made the following motion yesterday on the 30th line of his response to Marcus:

With that said, I move that we accept the budget.  According to Bob (our
honorary parliamentarian), we need three endorsements and then we will
have at least a 30 day period of discussion prior to a vote.

Thanks.

Jon

end quote:

I hereby acknowledge receipt of the Motion in good order.

We have one endorsement by Rob.  Hopefully, there will be two more endorsements today and the clock will start ticking toward the date when the ballot will be opened.  I anticipate that to be about 19 August, said timing based upon mandatory steps delineated in the Rules of Procedure Articles I.4 through I.10 and by the By-Laws Article 4.1.3.

Article I.3 allows the Secretary to "...publish the motion and call for discussion no later than 48 hours after receiving the motion from the proponent and the three endorsements."  I don't need 48 hours.

I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I know I'll receive the endorsements promptly.  This is the official "call for discussing the motion".

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Connelly,
Secretary of the Registrar Constituency
(also, according to Jon, "honorary parliamentarian")