[registrars] Proposed 2007-2008 Registrar Constituency Budget

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Sun Jul 15 07:49:12 UTC 2007

Hello All,

> Third, my hope, as you point out,
> is that we
> will receive financial support from ICANN next year.  I was very happy
> to hear Doug Brent state during his public presentation in
> San Juan that
> ICANN will work with us in providing greater financial support to the
> constituencies.

There are some dependencies with what the Board decides to do as part of
the GNSO review, but having said that - I suggest the registrars
constituency work with the other GNSO constituencies to put up a
concrete proposal for constituency support as input into the 1 July 2008
- 30 June 2009 budget process.   It would be best if this request comes
before the end of this calendar year to allow appropriate time for staff
to incorporate into next year's budget.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
(speaking as a registrar constituency member)