[registrars] Agenda for San Juan Meeting

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Thu Jun 21 01:48:12 UTC 2007

The following is the RC meeting agenda for the San Juan ICANN meeting.
I had to move a couple of the ICANN staff sessions around and made the
Board meeting 30 minutes later based on their request.  The call-in
numbers have been sent to the voting list.  Thanks.  Jon

9:00 - 9:30       Welcome/Announcements/Officer Reports

Chair - Jon Nevett

Vice Chair - Rob Hall

Secretary - Bob Connelly

Treasurer - Margie Milam

9:30 - 10:15      GNSO Issues

Discussion with Avri Doria the new GNSO Chair

New TLD Task Force Update - Adrian Kinderis/Tim Ruiz

Whois WG Update - Tim/Margie/Paul Stahura

10:15 - 11:00     ICANN Executive Staff - ICANN Budget (Doug Brent and
Kurt Pritz)

11:00 - 11:45     ICANN Registrar Liaison Staff - Data Escrow Program
(Tim Cole & Mike Zupke)

11:45 - 12:30     ICANN Executive Staff - RAA Changes (John Jeffrey and
Kurt Pritz)

12:30 - 12:45     Working Lunch -- .Asia Update (Leona Chen)

12:45 - 13:00     Working Lunch -- .Mobi Presentation (Neil Edwards)

13:00 - 13:30     Working Lunch -- Presentation by and Discussion with
the Anti-Phishing Working Group

13:30 - 14:30     Preparation for Board Interaction and Discussion
Related to Responses to Questions from ICANN Below

14:30 - 15:30     ICANN Board/Registrar Meeting

15:30 - 15:45     Break

15:45 - 17:00     Discussion of Registrar Constituency Goals, Dues,
Budget & Direction (CLOSED SESSION)

17:00 - 17:15          Wrap-up

To the ICANN Constituencies, Supporting Organizations and Advisory
Groups,

Over the past year, the ICANN Meetings Committee has been soliciting
information on how to make the public board meetings more efficient and
to increase participation.  This is a ongoing project and in response to
the feedback that has been received, changes are being made to each
meeting.  For instance, as a part of this event, we have rearranged the
schedule to start with public meetings on Monday and significant changes
have been made to the methods of remote participation.   As part of this
ongoing process, we would like each group to evaluate the interaction
between the constituency, supporting organization or advisory group that
takes place during the meeting.  These opportunities to meet should be
as productive for each party as possible.

Constituency Day is the one day on which most of the groups meet.  The
questions I would like to ask each constituency to consider are:

1.  The purpose of the interaction between the board and the
constituency?

2.  The best venue for this to occur.  Is the constituency meeting the
best venue?  Would a breakfast, lunch or dinner be better?

3.  How much time would be needed for the most optimal interaction?

4.  Does the entire board need to meet with the constituency?  For
instance, could a few members of the board attend different constituency
meetings, perhaps allowing them to stay for a longer period of time?

5.  Could the board be provided with an agenda before the meeting,
identifying topics or concerns that the constituency would like to
discuss, allowing the board to be better prepared for the meeting?

Any other feedback on the board/constituency interactions?  I would like
to report back to the Meetings Committee on the feedback that I receive
from the various groups at our first telephone conference after San
Juan.  This would enable us to take the feedback into account for the
planning of the Los Angeles meeting?