[registrars] RC Elections - Call for Nominations

Adrian Kinderis adrian at ausregistry.com.au
Thu May 17 11:04:40 UTC 2007

All,

Is the nomination period closed?

Adrian Kinderis
Chief Executive Officer
AusRegistry International Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria Australia. 3004
Ph: +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: adrian at ausregistry.com
Web: www.ausregistryinternational.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org
[mailto:owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Robert F. Connelly
Sent: Thursday, 17 May 2007 2:15 AM
To: Registrars Constituency
Subject: [registrars] RC Elections - Call for Nominations

At 03:30 PM 5/11/2007 Friday  +0200, Thomas M?rz wrote:
>I nominate Bob Connelly for the election of Registrar Constituency
Secretary.

Dear Registrars:  Thank you, Thomas, for your nomination.

The role of Secretary is one I greatly enjoy and therefore accept your
nomination.

I have been Secretary of many organizations over the years, business,
religious, social and fraternal.  In fact, I was recently designated
"Secretary Emeritus" of a group in Tokyo which I served as Secretary for
twenty years.  I was even Secretary of the Policy Advisory Body (PAB) in
1997 after the signing of the IAHC MoU, which set off the chain of
events leading to where we are at this very moment.

A bit of my philosophy of the role of Secretary:  In addition to the
assignments set forth in the By-Laws, the Secretary should support the
Chair and other offices in the performance of their offices.  Further,
the Secretary needs to see that the proper arrangements have been made
for our meeting rooms -- microphones, projection equipment, lighting,
entry security (for the closed portions of meetings), registration
table, etc.

Notices need to be sent to poll the members so that we can let ICANN
know how large a room we will need.  Teleconferences need to be set up
for members unable to be present at the venue.

On a more ephemeral basis, the Secretary can help create an atmosphere
of cordiality and friendship between the members and officers.  That
starts at the registration table, a smile and "howdy do you, please sign
in on this sheet".

I have attempted to help us know one another by printing the "tent
cards" to go in front of each voting member -- printed on both sides so
that your neighbors right and left can see your name without feeling
obvious about it.

All that said, if it pleases the members I would like to serve you as
Secretary for the next year.

Cordially, BobC