[registrars] Proposed ballot on Constituency statement to GNSO regarding Domain Tasting.

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Nov 29 22:52:30 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I support Ross's suggestion to keep it simple.

> I also don't understand how a request from council to appoint
> someone
> to put together a constituency submission on this subject has turned
> into a call for us to take a position.

I note from the bylaws,

"8. Procedure if No Task Force is Formed

a. If the Council decides not to convene a task force, the Council will
request that, within ten (10) calendar days thereafter, each
constituency appoint a representative to solicit the constituency's
views on the issue. Each such representative shall be asked to submit a
Constituency Statement to the Staff Manager within thirty-five (35)
calendar days after initiation of the PDP.
"

Note that the word "views" is plural.

This is not a task force process, where a vote needs to be taken.

My understanding is that all that needs to be done is really:

Provide "a clear statement of all positions espoused by constituency
members"

If requested, if constituency members wanted to register their support
for a particular view - then we can simply attribute them to a view.
.e.g the Following registrars supported view 1, and these registrars
supported view 2 etc.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin