[registrars] Registrar Constituency Agenda -- New Delhi Meeting

Elmar Knipp elmar.knipp at corenic.org
Mon Feb 4 15:07:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Rob Hall wrote:

> Great idea.  But might I suggest that it not be email ?
>
> I would rather have a website they operate that I could poll on and get
> an XML feed back of the current status, and any future maintenance
> plans.  That way, we could automate our systems to check it and change
> things on our end automatically.  I find email too unreliable for most
> real time implementations like this.
>
> Rob.

Rob,

as a techi I fully agree with you regarding email, XML and poll
mechanism!

But with our working style (working groups, joint telkos, PDPs, perhaps
getting the opinion of the SSAC, and not to forget voting), we will not
have the "perfect solution" before 2012 ;-)

Just let's make the first shot in the time range of weeks with email and
improve it afterwards as you suggested.

Best,
Elmar

--