[registrars] WG: [council] Domain Tasting Design Team Proposed GNSO Council Motion

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Feb 8 15:56:39 UTC 2008

On 8-Feb-08, at 9:39 AM, Jeffrey Eckhaus wrote:

> If another registrar that you mentioned has the half the fraud the
> GoDaddy has, maybe 5,000 domains in a given month, but only has 50,000
> net adds per month then their percentage of returns is much higher,
> even
> though they are suffering less fraud or other returns than GoDaddy.

They would lose their merchant account before they got to this point.

Let's be realistic - there's absolutely no practical reasons to set
the thresholds that high unless we are baking in a carve-out for a
small amount of tasting each month.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen