[registrars] Update on Tasting Ballot

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Sun Jan 27 22:44:20 UTC 2008

At 05:11 PM 1/27/2008 Sunday  -0500, Nevett, Jonathon wrote:
>Note that neither of the above actions requires new policy or
>modifications to existing policy. Therefore the RC, regardless of their
>view, is generally opposed to a PDP on this issue.

Dear Jon: I hate to think of it, but should we abort the present ballot before it is issued (in about one hour)?  I could start it a day later.

Or is your present posting sufficient for the needs?

I am only anxious that all our members understand the issues.  The ballot on the Main Motion is very important.  The dashes you inserted into the text in the Wiki were a very good addition to the original text.

I also urge all voting members to vote.   I ordinarily don't recommend abstaining on a vote.  I will not abstain on a ballot  unless it is a situation in which I am not sufficiently informed to be able to render a valid judgement.  (Parenthetically, I don't like the rule which adds the "abstain" votes to the "no" votes.  *My* abstentions can be read as "I just don't know").

However, the way this ballot is drawn, I can conceive of members putting serious thought behind a vote for both or for neither of the primary options.

So, get out there and vote.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Connelly
Secretary for the RC