[RPM-IRT] RPM IRT | Public Comment, Next Meeting, and Group 2

Elisa Busetto elisa.busetto at icann.org
Fri Oct 6 14:47:53 UTC 2023

Dear All,

We received a request to extend the public comment proceeding for the Proposed Updates to Existing Rights Protection Mechanisms Documentation: https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/proposed-updates-to-existing-rights-protection-mechanisms-documentation-24-08-2023

The requested public comment extension would mean that the comment period would conclude closer to the start of ICANN78, to be held 21 - 26 October 2023, with the Public Comment Summary Report due during the ICANN meeting. As ICANN meetings are a busy time for everyone, we will extend the public comment proceeding until 30 October (after ICANN78) and the Public Comment Summary Report will now be due on 13 November.

In addition, we propose postponing the session at ICANN78 since the materials related to the public comment will not be ready for discussion during the RPM IRT Meeting #6 in Hamburg, currently scheduled for 23 October. This would allow staff sufficient time to review the comments and prepare the Public Comment Summary Report to be discussed with the IRT in November.

Still, there is some work for the RPM IRT: we would also like to solicit feedback on the proposed implementation of the recommendations<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/rpm-phase-1-proposed-24nov20-en.pdf> in Group 2<https://community.icann.org/display/RPMIRT/Implementation+Documents?preview=/222269760/222269956/RPM%20PDP%20P1%20Implementation%20Plan.pdf> (URS Recommendations 9, 10, 13 and TMCH Recommendation 3), which concern developing educational materials to assist users of the RPMs. Staff has drafted a document, which we plan to discuss at the next RPM IRT meeting along with the Public Comment Summary Report of the recommendations in Group 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rcndtSMXxn8W-JslBELfbT3ByJ-MxW5yqZ89z-eRroU<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rcndtSMXxn8W-JslBELfbT3ByJ-MxW5yqZ89z-eRroU/edit>

We would appreciate it if you could review the document (linked above) and provide your feedback on the list or directly via the comment function in the google document.

Should you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Antonietta, Elisa, Lars and Leon