[RRA] RRA Amendment Notification for multiple TLDs [ ref:_00D616tJk._5004Msg70v:ref ]

Catherine Merdinger catherine at identity.digital
Thu Jul 21 20:53:32 UTC 2022

ICANN and GoDaddy Registry,

The RrSG appreciates the opportunity to review the proposed changes to the
RRAs for .BLACKFRIDAY, .PHOTO, .COURSES and .STUDY.  While the Registrars
had concerns about some of the changes to the .COURSES and .STUDY RRAs
(notably, the decrease in notice periods for material changes and
elimination of RO indemnification of the registrar), but after conducting a
balancing test and weighing the benefits of homogeneity across all GDR TLDs
and the low DUM count in these two TLDs against the loss to registrars, we
are comfortable without requesting changes to these provisions. As in any
case where a balancing test is applied, we do not intend this allowance to
be precedential for future RRAs.

The RrSG also asks, but notes that, under the Temporary Specification the
DPA is sufficient as drafted, that the GDR consider including an option to
add the UK SCCs (the ITDA), as applicable.

Finally, we noted a couple of limited typographical errors or broken
section references.  However, these errors were not reflected in the clean
version provided, so we have not requested they be fixed.  If it would be
helpful, we would be happy to list them.

GoDaddy Registry, if you would consider including the ITDA, we would not
ask for further review of that change.  Otherwise, we request no changes to
the RRA as drafted.

Thank you,
Catherine
*Catherine Merdinger **| *Corporate Counsel *| Identity Digital *Inc. *|*
+1.319.541.9416 *| *she/her