[RSSAC Caucus] FOR REVIEW: RSSAC026v2 RSSAC Lexicon version 2

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Fri Feb 14 00:08:35 UTC 2020

since I had few minutes this morning, I looked through it and I have a few comments:

a) why does DITL rate a special mention?

b) why is anycast not mentioned specifically?

c) why the use of the term "root server” used as a collective noun, whereas the industry convention is to use the term “server” in a more unitary sense to denote an instance of a operating system stack. I had heard in the past the term “root letter” to denote the collection of instances operated by a root server operator, and the use of “root server” in this context is a new one on me

regards,

Geoff