[RSSAC Caucus] 48 HOUR LAST CALL : RSSAC002v4

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Mon Feb 24 10:45:37 UTC 2020

> On Feb 21, 2020, at 23:52, Ray Bellis <ray at isc.org> wrote:
>
> On 21/02/2020 22:33, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>
>> Just to be clear: are you saying that you can only produce figures
>> for Section 3.5 (number of sources seen) for a subset of your nodes,
>> or that you can only produce figures for a subset of your nodes for
>> *all* the measurements? If the latter, that's going to mess up the
>> evaluation of the measurements for the whole RSS. Even if it is just
>> the former, that will make the measurements in Section 3.5 be not
>> comparable to the other sections.
>
> Only for the unique sources measurement.

Hi Ray,

I changed section 6.6 to mark the ‘unique-sources’ metric as optional. This is reflected in the changelog as well.

This change means that if the 'unique-sources' metric is produced by an RSO they must provide values for both 'num-sources-ipv4' and 'num-sources-ipv6-aggregate’. So produce values for both or produce values for neither.

I would like to hear from other RSO’s if this approach is OK or if a different approach is needed.

Thanks,
Andrew