[RSSAC Caucus] [Ext] FOR REVIEW: RSSAC026v2: RSSAC Lexicon

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Wed Jan 29 00:57:09 UTC 2020

> "Root server instance: A portion of a root server's infrastructure that
> serves root data from a particular site, which may consist of single or
> multiple physical devices.
> Anycast instance: another name for a root server instance."
>
> there have always been more than one routing instance of a server identity
> in some site.

IMHO, I didn't say otherwise in my text.  An instance is welcome to have
more than one route per site.  Or maybe you're arguing that two "instances"
can occur at a site.  Note that my text also didn't say "unique at a site"
either.

(but my text was a starting proposal to think about, not such much final
wording choices)

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI