[RSSAC Caucus] FOR REVIEW: Requirements for Measurements of the Local Perspective on the Root Server System

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Tue Aug 24 18:36:46 UTC 2021

On Aug 20, 2021, at 4:44 AM, Andrew McConachie <andrew.mcconachie at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear RSSAC Caucus Members,
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed comments and suggestions into the document.
>
> Ken and I worked through them all and have produced a version for the final 48-hour review. A PDF is also attached for your review.
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/11slZDTqrcwTwywpbi3JwHuU_FoaoN54u0f3B2UFjUv4/>
>
> Please review and provide any final comments by Tuesday August 24th.

Greetings again. I was not active in the work party, but I have done some review passes on the document late in the process. I still have a deep concern about the part in the middle where timings of some sort from open public resolvers are made. I put a comment in this near-final document, but have not seen any significant discussion. If RSSAC wants to do these probes, it would be really good if their use was explained in the document.

--Paul Hoffman