[RSSAC Caucus] Rogue Operator Work Party Summary (26 Jan 2021)

Mallory Knodel mknodel at cdt.org
Tue Jan 26 19:49:51 UTC 2021

Thanks Ken,

On 1/26/21 12:32 PM, Renard, Kenneth D CTR USARMY CCDC C5ISR (USA) via
rssac-caucus wrote:
> Section 5: detection and mitigation.  We will likely remove this
> section from the document.  Since we are focusing more on describing
> rogue actions and leaving observation and determination of rogue-ness
> up to the future governing body, this is not strictly necessary.

I agree with removing this. Though perhaps it signals a need to have a
more robust research and response at some point in the future. Keeping
it out for now seems like the right approach for this WG.

>  1. We ask WP participants or **any** RSSAC Caucus members to
>     contribute thoughts (to mail list or in the google doc as comments
>     or suggestions) on what a Recommendation or Conclusion section
>     would look like or contain.

Is there a deadline for comments and feedback?

Thanks and apologies for missing today's meeting,

-Mallory

> Link to WP document:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XS2dIl_Sv1f7e4pA19QHnHEmLgRSkgEI2-zD7Tp0hog/edit#
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XS2dIl_Sv1f7e4pA19QHnHEmLgRSkgEI2-zD7Tp0hog/edit#>
>
> Ken Renard
>
> S&TCD Contractor – ICF
>
> Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch
>
> C5ISR Center, Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate
>
> Office: 443-395-7809
>
> kenneth.d.renard.ctr at mail.mil

Mallory Knodel
CTO, Center for Democracy and Technology
gpg fingerprint :: E3EB 63E0 65A3 B240 BCD9 B071 0C32 A271 BD3C C780