[RSSAC Caucus] Question about root-servers.org

Alejandro Acosta alejandro at lacnic.net
Fri Jul 1 03:17:45 UTC 2022

Hello there,

    Hope this is a good place to ask this :-)  difficult to imagine a
better place.

    Excuse my question, I promise that I ask it 100% in good faith.
    My question is: how reliable/accurate the page:
https://root-servers.org  is?.

    I mean, I assume that the information is correct, you (not pointing
anybody in particular) try to keep it as updated as possible but
sometimes I have been told that there are countries that have X root
servers but on root-servers.org it says that they have N.   I guess the
information is not updated immediately but approximately how much time
to update a country/city it takes when a new root server is
installed/removed?

   Are there any chances for example a root server got broken 3 years
ago still listed (or vice verse, got installed but not listed)?.

   Thanks again,

Alejandro,