[RSSAC Caucus] Question about root-servers.org

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Fri Jul 1 09:20:34 UTC 2022

Hi Alejandro,

One thing that has tripped me up in the past is the difference between sites and instances. Each RSI has multiple sites and each site can have 1-to-many instances. What you see on the map is sites, not instances.

At the bottom of the page for each RSI there is a link to JSON data and that is what the world map gets drawn from. So to rephrase your question would be; How often do RSOs update their JSON files hosted at root-servers.org <http://root-servers.org/>?

I don’t know the answer to this question, but hopefully this helps clarify a little.

Thanks,
ANdrew